Broadband light (BBL) is a technology that includes the use of intense pulsed light. It is especially a non-invasive tool to help treat an array of skin conditions. In contrast to lasers, which emit a single wavelength, BBL emits different wavelengths all at once. Due to this, lasers are frequently used to treat specific areas, but BBL is used to penetrate multiple layers in one go. BBL is not likely to cause surface damage. Rather, it uses heat to reach the underlying layer of skin and trigger a wound-healing response. While your skin heals, it is restored, helping alleviate the imperfections.
The BBL Treatment Procedure
- The light energy delivered by the BroadBand light will softly heat the upper layers of the skin. The heat assimilated by the targeted areas will activate your skin cells to reproduce new collagen.
- To protect your eyes safety shields or glasses will be used. You may feel a warm or “rubber band snap” sensation while the light gets absorbed by the targeted areas.
- Your procedure will normally take a few minutes to half an hour according to the size of the area being treated. And the type of procedure performed. Your doctor will explain all the options to you.
- After the process is complete your skin is restored to its natural beauty, blending its natural colors; and resulting in a smoother, more vibrant, and younger-looking skin.
- At the same time, the photothermal energy removes fine vessels that bring on redness; and reduces melanin that produces pigmented lesions.
Areas BBL Helps To Treat
Varied areas of your body can be treated by BBL. The typical areas are those that are highly exposed to the damaging effects of sunlight. Most prevalently BBL treatments are conducted on the face, neck, back of the hands, chest, and shoulders. BBL is in fact the best option for chest wrinkles treatment.
Number Of Treatments Required
The number of treatments required will differ from patient to patient and your doctor will tailor a treatment plan according to the level of improvement you desire. Your doctor may even combine your treatment with other standard aesthetic procedures to personalize the treatment even more. BBL is a noninvasive, and safe procedure. Normally, a topical anesthetic is not needed, however, your skin doctor may opt to use it on more sensitive areas.
Post Treatment Experience
You may see some redness that will clear up within a few hours. For certain pigmented lesions, darkening of the treated areas is observed and thereupon fading and flaking off. You will find that the treated skin feels smoother, fine lines and pores are less noticeable, and sunspots or uneven pigmentation have faded away. Results are based on your condition, the number of treatments, and the area treated. Your doctor will give you full information regarding the post-treatment care and results. BBL is a noninvasive procedure used especially for chest wrinkles treatment and for other areas like the face, neck, and back of the hands with practically no downtime. Most of the time, you can return to work, apply makeup, and resume all of your activities immediately.
You may choose BroadBand light (BBL) for restoring skin to its natural beauty.