Getting your oil changed regularly is one of the most important things you can do to keep your Lexus running smoothly for years to come.
But oil changes aren’t free, so how much should you expect to pay for a Lexus oil change? In this article, we’ll break down the average cost of a Lexus oil change and the factors that influence the price.
Can Lexus Go Longer Between Oil Changes?
With synthetic oil and modern engines, some Lexuses may go 7,500-10,000 between changes. But sticking to the manual’s interval is safest.
Average Cost Of A Lexus Oil Change
A routine oil change for a Lexus typically costs between $80 and $150. The oil capacity and kind of oil used for your particular Lexus model, together with your location and the Lexus dealership or service center, can all affect this.
Some of the main factors that affect Lexus oil change costs include:
- Lexus dealership vs independent mechanic – Dealerships often charge more for oil changes, averaging $120-$150. Independent shops typically charge $80-$100. Be sure to look for the Valvoline coupon 50 percent off to save on your next oil change.
- Synthetic vs conventional oil – Synthetic oil changes cost $20-$30 more on average due to the higher quality oil.
- Engine oil capacity –You will spend more for extra oil the more oil your Lexus engine can hold.
- Location – Major metro cities usually have greater prices than smaller towns.
- Additional services – Extras like tire rotations, inspections, and fluid flushes will add to the total cost.
Cost By Lexus Model
The specific Lexus model you drive will also impact the price of an oil change due to varying engine sizes and oil capacities. Here are the approximate oil change costs for popular Lexus models:
- Lexus ES: $90-$110
- Lexus RX: $100-$120
- Lexus NX: $90-$110
- Lexus IS: $80-$100
- Lexus LX: $120-$140
- Lexus GX: $110-$130
Luxury and performance models like the Lexus LC, LS, and RC tend to cost $10-$20 more on average. Hybrid models don’t require full oil changes as frequently, so you may only need periodic oil filter changes, which start around $50.
Can You Change Your Lexus Oil At Home?
To save money on oil changes, some Lexus owners opt to change their oil and filter at home. This is certainly an option, but it requires getting your hands dirty and safely disposing of used oil. Take 5 Coupons Oil Change can also help you save money on professional oil changes.
The supplies needed for a DIY Lexus oil change include:
- Oil filter wrench
- Drain pan
- New oil filter
- Enough engine oil for your particular Lexus model
- Crush washer for the drain plug
Lexus recommends using 0W-20 synthetic oil for most late-model vehicles. The total DIY oil change cost is $40-$60 for supplies.
However, lacking a professional mechanic’s inspection means potential issues can be missed. Overall, DIY oil changes can save money with effort and mechanical skill.
How Often Should I Get A Lexus Oil Change?
Most Lexus models recommend oil changes every 5,000-10,000 miles or 6 months. Check your owner’s manual for the interval specific to your vehicle.
Important Oil Change Tips For Lexus Owners
To keep your Lexus running at peak performance, follow these tips for oil changes:
- Stick to the maintenance schedule in your owner’s manual – Usually every 6 months or 5,000-10,000 miles.
- Find a trusted, experienced mechanic you’re comfortable with – Dealer or independent shop.
- Ask for synthetic oil for added protection and longer change intervals.
- Inspect other fluids, tires, brakes, filters, belt, etc. for preventative care.
- Beware of quick oil change shops pushing unnecessary add-ons.
- Compare prices between a few reputable shops. Consider costs vs. convenience.
- Save on labor costs by learning to change oil yourself.
- Properly dispose of used motor oil which is hazardous for the environment.
Following the factory maintenance schedule and using quality oil will provide the best long-term reliability for your Lexus.
Knowing what to expect for pricing allows you to budget accordingly. With some care and diligence, your luxury vehicle will continue running smoothly for years down the road.
Are Lexus Oil Changes Cheaper At The Dealer?
Not usually. Independent Lexus specialty shops often offer lower oil change prices than the dealer. Shop around for the best deals.
Is Walmart a good place for a Lexus oil change?
Walmart offers affordable oil changes. However, look for skilled techs with experience working on Lexus vehicles specifically.
Should I get extras like tire rotations with my oil change?
Tire rotations every 5k-7k miles help your tires last longer. Doing it together with the oil change saves you service trips.
The exact Lexus model, the kind of oil used, and the servicing location can all affect how much an oil change costs.
An average regular oil change at a respectable repair provider should cost you between $50 and $100.
It’s crucial to refer to your car’s handbook and select the proper type of oil for your Lexus in order to guarantee durability and peak performance. It makes sense to invest in the health of your car with routine oil changes.